Successful Kidney Stones Surgery in Mexico
Mexico has more than a dozen destinations specialized in medical tourism, where touristic providers join medical care of the highest quality to meet the fields of oncology, orthopedics, cardiology, general surgery, plastic surgery and gastroenterology.
One of the most successful procedure performed in Mexican clinics is the kidney stone surgery, thanks to the highly qualified doctors and nurses to provide care and service with worldwide quality through an extensive infrastructure with cutting-edge medical technology.
Surgery is rarely needed to treat kidney stones. Surgery is only needed when the kidney stone is very large, caused by an infection (staghorn calculi), blocking the flow of urine out of the kidney, or causing other problems like severe bleeding.
Surgery may be needed to remove a kidney stone if it:
- does not pass after a reasonable period of time and causes constant pain
- is too large to pass on its own or is caught in a difficult place
- blocks the flow of urine
- causes an ongoing urinary tract infection
- damages kidney tissue or causes constant bleeding
- has grown larger, as seen on follow-up x-ray