Medical tourism made it possible to patients worldwide to choose the best oncological treatment options for them according to their needs. Opting for effective oncologic centers worldwide for excellent cancer procedures patients are saying “No” to compromises, disappointments, and to the lack of trust and under-trained physicians.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide. It is also the principal cause of death from cancer among women globally. Despite the high incidence rates, in Western countries, 89% of women diagnosed with breast cancer are still alive 5 years after their diagnosis, which is due to detection and treatment, according to an issue of the Cancer Journal for Clinicians. Thanks to innovative techniques and procedures in cancer treatments worldwide, there is still hope for patients diagnosed with cancer.
Types of Breast Cancer
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS) is a non-invasive breast cancer where abnormal cells have been contained in the lining of the breast milk duct.
- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma means that abnormal cells that originated in the lining of the breast milk duct have invaded surrounding tissue.
- Triple negative breast cancer means that the cells in the tumor are negative for progesterone, estrogen, and HER2/neu receptors.
- Inflammatory breast cancer is a less common form of breast cancer that may not develop a tumor and often affects the skin.
- Metastatic breast cancer is cancer that has spread beyond the breast, sometimes into the lungs, bones, or brain.
Common Breast Cancer Treatment Options
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that starts in the cells of the breast. A malignant tumor is a group of cancer cells that can grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body. The disease occurs almost entirely in women, but men can get it, too.
continue reading original post here: Mastectomy Surgery | Breast Cancer Treatment