An Ayurvedic body cleansing and detoxification treatment known as Ayurvedic Panchakarma works to get rid of harmful toxins that cause an imbalance between the mind, body and spirit. An Ayurvedic Panchakarma cleanse works to rid the body of impurities harmful to the body and mind. Patients who undergo an Ayurvedic treatment benefit from both internal cleansing and relaxation techniques that promote health, well-being and an increase of energy.
In the United States costs for Ayurvedic therapy called Panchakarma range about $1,350 for a three-day stay within a retreat facility. Medical travelers to India may benefit from lower costs such as $395 for a 4-day retreat.
Ayurvedic treatment abroad offers health and wellness. During an Ayurvedic massage, a masseuse selects essential oils to enhance the patient’s dosha, or energies. Massage techniques involve traditional kneading, as well as tapping and squeezing during treatments that include but are not limited to:
- Abhyanga: Customized massage with herbal oil
- Ayurvedic: Indian head massage
- Vishesh: Deep tissue massage with herbal oil
- Abhyanga-Garshana: Lymphatic dry brushing with oil massage
- Ayurvedic Foot Massage: Deep tissue massage where the therapist uses his or her feet to massage large areas of the body
- Udwarthanam: Slimming treatment uses deep massage and herbal powders
- Ayurvedic face and marma therapy: Facial treatment with herbal mask and custom essential oils
In the United States, the average cost of an hour-long Ayurvedic massage is approximately $80-90. Medical travelers to India may enjoy the benefits of Ayurvedic massages for approximately $30 at facilities like Ahalia Ayurvedic Hospital in Kerala or Indus Valley Ayurveda in Mysore. For Ayurveda medicine or Ayurvedic therapy, find the best Ayurvedic institute in India.